Thursday, April 1, 2010

Three Months Down--How's Everybody Doing?

Well this is embarrassing--we're a quarter of the way through the year, through the challenge, and I have yet to read a single book for it. I promised myself, back in December that I wasn't going to accept so many review books. But Trish and Lisa at TLC Book Tours keep dangling great books in front of my face like they're some drug I'm desperately addicted to (well, honestly, they are). And, I'm not reading nearly as much as I did last year and as I had anticipated reading this year. I may just have to read "Eloise" soon just to get something on the board!

How are you all doing? I'm enjoying reading your reviews and hope that everyone takes a minute to stop by and say hello when people post new reviews. I'm loving that Mr. Linky in the sidebar--I can see immediately when there's a new review. I have no idea how I got it to work like that so I will never be able to do it again. That's pretty much how most of the things I do on the computer work!

Just for fun, let's say that you're Rory and you're packing for a weekend trip. It's only two days, but you know that Rory would pack far more books than you could reasonably read in that time period. What's sitting in your TBR pile that you'd have to pack to take along?

10 comments:

  1. I'm not doing great either. Only one and a half books read....and I'm going for twenty.

    If I was packing for a trip I'd take Jane Eyre, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone, Nineteen Eighty-four, and Tuesdays With Morrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a good book recently. The Door Is Open. A good look into the life of Skid Row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing pretty well, actually! I have finished 8 out of 20.

    I was just away for the weekend, as a matter of fact, and brought ten books along. Only two of them from the list though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing so good either. I have read no books towards this challenge. I need to get on track and start reading. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is the best idea for a reading challenge ever! New favorite blog? THIS ONE.

    I'm not doing the challenge but if I did, I'd pack my Kindle, and work on some Booth Tarkington, the Nine by Jeffrey Toobin, and Cider House Rules, by John Irving. Plus my portable Dorothy Parker, which I take everywhere.

    How much would Rory Gilmore have loved to own a Kindle?

    Cheers!

    -Connie @ Constance-Reader.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read a couple of the books, but I haven't done any reviews.

    I'm exactly like Rory: I pack way more books than I'd reasonably read in a weekend...even if I were to spend the entire weekend just reading. However, if I were going home this weekend, I would bring:

    Lolita, Out of Africa, The Fifties, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath, All the Kings Men, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Walden. I'd probably pack more, but I made myself stop looking at my books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! And I'd probably grab Lady Chatterley's Lover too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm catching up on my reviews. I've read 6 books so far. In the next couple of days (I hope) I'll have reviews posted for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (done), The Sound and the Fury, The Sun Also Rises, The Bell Jar, Franny and Zooey, and Slaughterhouse-Five.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finished Lady Chatterley's Lover review and I'm also caught up on the books I said I'd review in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete